Can you mislead your body to lose weight without joining the diet club? Yes! With intermittent fasting (IF) you can. This cyclic routine of eating and eating has become a popular strategy for stimulating metabolism, revitalizing brain function, and protecting the body from disease. If you want to try it out, you need to know the best way to do it.
There are three periodic hunger plans. I recommend that you choose the one that suits your eating habits. This article lists the various periodic hunger plans, benefits, and tips.
Interrupting post at a glance
- What is interrupted fasting?
- How does intermittent fasting work?
- What To Eat On Feeding Diet And Avoid
- Who Should Avoid Periodic Fasting
- Side Effects Of Intermittent Fasting
What Is Periodic Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is a eating pattern with alternating feeding and fasting phases.
People have been starving for centuries. Our ancestors have hunted and sought food, but for a few days they went without food because they could not find it! People also fast for religious reasons.
However, it is important to remember that hunger or periodic starvation is not the same as hunger. While hunger has many health benefits, hunger can make you weak and also lead to death.
So, do not starve, but fast! Here's how periodic fasting works
How does intermittent fasting work?
The different types of IF are
- consists of alternating meals and fast days. On eating days you can consume everything. But in quick days you can consume only about 20% of your body's total energy needs ( 1 ). The famine includes eating food without restrictions for five days a week and being on a two-day, non-consecutive diet ( 5: 2 Diet
- 16/8 Diet
Also known as limited meals and The 8-hour diet The 16/8 diet requires you to take 16 hours and distribute your food within 8 hours. For example, if you eat your breakfast at 9am, your last meal of the day will have to be at 5pm. You will then have to fast until the next morning.
Who can experience this: If you want to post without feeling like a post, this is a great way to do it.
The next important question is, what can you eat in the hungry days? And should you avoid certain foods on meals? Find answers to these questions in the next section.
What To Eat On Feeding Days And Avoid The Fast Days
On the Feast Feast try to consume foods that will satisfy your hunger and keep your taste buds alive. But you should avoid foods that can destroy your efforts completely when consumed in surplus. Also avoid foods to which you are allergic. On fasting days, we adhere to 500 calories a day (for women) or 600 calories a day (for men). Consume foods high in dietary fiber that will keep you full. You can also charge water, coconut water, freshly squeezed juice and raw vegetable salad with lemon juice, a pinch of Himalayan rose salt, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a dash of red pepper. Sip your detoxifying water, prepared with watermelon, kiwi, cucumber and a pinch of salt so your body does not miss the necessary trace elements and electrolytes. From my experience, mint leaves tend to increase hunger, so I'd suggest you avoid them.
What are the health benefits that you can harvest through periodic fasting? Luckily there is a lot! Check out the list below. ” width=”500″ height=”436″ />
Benefits of Discontinued Fasting
- Fasting is Easier Than Diet
Fasting is Periodically Easier Than Restriction Diet .
- Can Help Weight Loss
Intermittent Fasting is one of the most effective ways to lose weight and maintain weight loss (19659031) 3 ). Variable intake of low calorie and high calorie foods keeps your cells well functioning, which in turn increases metabolism. the health of your heart. American scientists have found that by practicing fasting for one day obese patients can reduce their weight and reduce the risk of coronary heart disease 4 )
Can improve insulin sensitivity. starvation can also help improve insulin sensitivity ( 5 ). When your body becomes insulin sensitive, your glucose metabolism improves and you stop feeling hungry all the time.
- Can promote cellular repair and autophagy. Autophagy is the natural process of your body to degrade the dysfunctional components of the cells and recycle them. The increase in autophagy may be neuroprotective and act as a treatment for Alzheimer's disease ( 6 ).
- Can Reduce the Risk of Cancer
- Can Stimulate Brain Function
Scientists have found that IF can help improve neurodegeneration in Alzheimer-induced mice 9 ). IF may also help to increase brain neurotrophic factor (BDNF) production, which has been shown to protect the brain from degeneration and dysfunction in animal models 10 ). Pressure
There is no reason not to hurry intermittently. But do you wonder if you should not fast?
Back to TOC
Who Should Avoid Periodic Fasting
- Avoiding Periodic Fasting If You Are Underweight, Suffering From Meal
- , that women tend to miss their period and blood sugar levels rise when practicing intermittent fasting 12 ), 13 ), 14 ) . Therefore, avoid periodic fasting if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or have fertility problems.
- If you do not sleep well and suffer from chronic stress, do not hurry periodically
- Avoid periodic fasting if you have low blood pressure and
Note: Always consult your doctor before practicing fasting intermittent.
Before we finish, take a quick look at the side effects of IF.
You may feel irritated.
In conclusion, nothing is placed in stone. A method of periodic fasting may or may not work for you. And ladies, you have to be very careful. Amenorrhea and infertility also have other physiological and psychological effects that can prevent you from leading a happy and healthy life. You may be in a hurry with an interruption, but you do not make it a habit. You should talk to your doctor and get an expert opinion on any diet instead of following the following weight loss trend that everyone follows.
You can drink tea or coffee during periodic fasting. However, make sure you do not exceed the limit of calories, which is 500-600 calories on the go.
Whether apple vinegar interrupts periodic starvation
No, it does not. You can drink apple vinegar while the post is interrupted.
How Long Should You Interrupt Fast?
This depends on the IF plan you chose to follow. But do not prolong it after 16 hours.
Can you drink water when you interrupt fasting?
Yes. You need to drink water and hydrate.
How much weight can you lose with fasting?
Losing weight will depend on your current weight, height, age, medications, genes, and other factors. Is it good for women to fast?
Women practice hunger for centuries. In general, it is considered good for the body. But you should avoid it if you have problems with fertility, are pregnant or breast-feeding, or have started to skip periods due to periodic fasting.
Does intermittent fasting increase cortisol?
- " Intermittent Fasting: Choices for a Healthier Lifestyle " Curēus, American National Library of Medicine.
- " Fasting for weight loss: an effective strategy or the latest dietary trend? "International Journal of Obesity: Journal of the International Journal of Obesity Association for the Study of Obesity, the American National Library of Medicine. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, American National Library of Medicine
- Short-term fasting induces deep neuronal autophagy "Autophagy, US National Library of Medicine. OF1 Mice: Effect of Alternative Fasting Mechanisms of Aging and Development, American National Library of Medicine Effects of Short-term Restriction of Food on Survival of Downy Asymptomatic Tumor Rats "Cancer Research, US National Library o f Medicine, a triple-transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease "Neurobiology of the Disease, American National Library of Medicine. Use of the routine periodic post-lowering of coronary artery disease risk in patients undergoing coronary angiography "American Journal of Cardiology, American National Library of Medicine. Glucose tolerance and gene expression of skeletal muscles in response to alternative starvation on the day "Obesity study, US National Library of Medicine. "Endocrinology, American National Library of Medicine
- " Changes of gonadal transcripts in response to dietary intake of energy: monitoring reproductive environment. "PloS one, US National Library of Medicine.