If experts are asked one thing time and time again, it’s how to achieve a dewy, easy glow look using skincare and makeup.
If radiant, luminous-looking skin is your quest but you’re worried about having oily, combination or acne-prone skin, don’t – there’s a solution to suit all skin tones and skin types.
From classic contouring – using powder and liquid bronzers suitable for all skin tones – to the hero highlighters and ‘blend-it-yourself’ bronzers, it’s never been easier to create a natural-looking, sun kissed glow all year round.
The key trick is to avoid product that contains thick glitter (unless disco is your bag) chalky powders that leave a cakey residue or flat, dull-looking shades layered on top of a liquid.
When it comes to application – be sure to use a sponge (like the Brushworks Wonder Sponge) to blend liquids or failing that, apply with your fingertips to warm product for a natural-looking finish minus any faff. Use a fan brush for highlighter powders or a bronzer brush for a sunkissed feel.
To celebrate the start of summer, Fabled by Marie Claire have a limited edition gift with every purchase too. Simply spend £100 and get the below beauty bundle FREE – it’s worth £182! Shop fast though, they will sell out.
Whether you prefer bronzers, glow drops, skincare-loaded serums, radiance-boosting setting powders or baked highlighters – Fabled by Marie Claire has rounded up the 7 very best selling glow-getters for you and your kit – as rated by you and reviewed by experts:
YOUR GO-TO GLOW KIT
1. BEST SOLID HIGHLIGHTER: Illamasqua Beyond Powder in Risque, £24 Fabled
CELEBRITY FAN: Florence Welch
EXPERT TIP – Cruelty-free brand Illamasqua’s baked highlighter powders are a global best seller, adding strobe-like radiance when applied to the high points of the face (cheekbones, brow bones and down the centre of the nose).
Those with fair skin should use champagne or pale gold highlighters with purple undertones that shift beautifully in the light (think Daze). Medium or olive tones suit peachy gold finishes like Dare, and bronze or rose gold looks gorgeous on darker skin (try Risque).
Why not dampen a So Eco Shading Brush and apply pigment to eyelids for a high shine, long-lasting eye shadow finish too.
2. BEST LONG-LASTING FAKE TAN: He Shi Express Liquid Tan, £21 Fabled
CELEBRITY FAN: Love Island’s Caroline Flack
EXPERT TIP – Do NOT moisturise before use. Instead exfoliate and apply to clean, dry skin for a golden glow that lasts a seriously impressive 10 days.
3. BEST GLOW BASE: bareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion, £48 Fabled
CELEBRITY FANS: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Letitia Wright
EXPERT TIP – When it comes to applying this nourishing serum, follow these simple steps for optimum results:
1: Wash and exfoliate skin
2. Using a thin serum? Apply 1 drop to each section of your face. If you’re using a richer serum – like bareMineral’s vegan formula – then warm 2-4 drops in your hands before applying.
3. Tap skin gently for up to one minute until serum is absorbed
4. Apply morning and night, adding an SPF moisturiser or overnight cream as desired.
4. BEST MULTI-TASKING GLOW: Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer, £30 Fabled
CELEBRITY FAN: Kim Kardashian
EXPERT TIP – Packed with Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid, the benefits of this cult buy are three-fold – providing 24-hour hydration, upping moisture by a whopping 127% and locking foundation on for a truly impressive, long-lasting finish – making it the ultimate travel companion. Use as a hydration-booster on long haul flights, applying two pumps to fingertips and smooth over face.
5. BEST BRONZER FOR DARKER SKIN TONES: Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna, £31 Fabled
CELEBRITY FAN: Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle
EXPERT TIP – If powders aren’t your thing, you’ll love this iconic liquid glow. The consistency means it’s super easy to build depth, meaning it works well on darker skin tones. Either wear bare where the sun naturally hits (cheekbones, cupid’s bow and nose) or blended into makeup for an all-over healthy glow. Finish with Urban Decay’s iconic All-Nighter Setting Spray for up to 16-hours worth of coverage.
6. BEST ALL-DAY, EVERYDAY GLOW: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Glow, £29 Fabled
CELEBRITY FAN: Jennifer Lopez
EXPERT TIP – Unlike some powders this global bestseller locks makeup in place for 12 hours whilst retaining a natural, luminous-looking finish. A perfect fit for ‘big day beauty’ and photos (think soft-focus effect minus any caking) this is a must for anyone who has ever wondered ‘How do I create a natural makeup look that photographs well?’ Extend the lifespan of yours by sprinkling powder into the product lid, using a powder brush to pick up product and desaturating it against the back of your hand for more even distribution.
7. BEST ‘ON-THE-GO’ GLOW Lancôme Custom Glow Drops, £26 Fabled
CELEBRITY FAN: Millie Mackintosh
EXPERT TIP – Blend with your favourite foundation for a custom-made (non-comedogenic) glow look – or add to your handbag for fast and foolproof strobing, highlighting and on-the-go glow.
Want to get your hands on the above limited edition glow-kit, PLUS even more summer beauty must-haves, below – for FREE?
Spend £100 and get this SEVENTEEN-strong beauty bundle – worth £182 – for FREE! Available while stocks last, see Fabled.com for details.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray Deluxe (FACT: Has thousands of 5-star rated reviews, and Gwen Stefani’s a fan)
- So Eco Eye Shading Brush (FACT: Accredited by PETA for being cruelty-free and vegan friendly)
- By Terry Baume de Rose Travel Size (FACT: Sienna Miller is a fan)
- Brushworks Wonder Sponge (FACT: 3-in-1 design allows it to cover breakouts, hard to reach ares <i>and</i> larger areas of skin. Clever)
- Yves Saint Laurent Miniature Rouge Volupte Shine (FACT: Kourtney Kardashian is a fan)
- Clinique High Impact Mascara – Black (FACT: Kate Moss is a fan)
- Benefit Preciseley My Brow Pencil – Shade 3.5 (FACT: Michelle Keegan is a Benefit fan)
- Land of Lashes Aria False Lashes (FACT: 100% cruelty free and created using long lasting fibres allowing for repeat use. Smart)
- Jessica Custom Colour Nail Polish – Shade Fiesty (coral) (FACT: Diana Ross is a fan)
- Cloud Nine On Cloud Nine’ Straw Hat (FACT: Naomie Harris is a fan of Cloud Nine)
So what are you waiting for?
The post 7 of the best buys for skin that glows in all the good ways appeared first on Marie Claire.