Muira puama is a powerful ingredient used in Brazilian folk medicine. Its most important use is aphrodisiac – although the tree and its roots have other benefits. In this post, we will discuss how you can use this Brazilian plant to improve your health.
How Muira Puama works
Muira puama, also known as Ptychopetalum olacoides is mainly used in the Brazilian region to increase sexual function in older men. The plant is known to improve vitality and sexuality (so is also known as wood-forming potential). It also acts as a nerve tonic for the treatment of chronic degenerative nervous disorders
Muira puama contains terpenoids that are believed to be the most active parts of the plant that contribute to the benefits. Studies have shown that terpenoids act as powerful plant antioxidants ( 1 ). Other important compounds include flavonoids and alkaloids ( 2 ). All of these essential components of muira puama can have remarkable health benefits. We will look at them in detail.
Back to TOC
How can Muira Puama benefit from your health?
1. Healing erectile dysfunction
Muira puama acts as a stimulant of the nerves and increases susceptibility to sexual stimuli (increasing the penis stiffness). It also improves the physical sensation of sex.
The plant is rich in sterols (campsterol and lollipop) that activate the body's receptors to hormones like testosterone. Muira puama also contains volatile oils such as camphor, which restore sexual desire ( 3 ).
Muira puama is also one of the ingredients used in age-related reversal of erectile dysfunction. ).
2. Increased libido
A unique herbal formulation containing muira puama significantly increased sexual desire in 65% of the women surveyed. Over a period of time, this has resulted in a statistically significant improvement in the frequency of sexual desires, sexual fantasies, and sexual satisfaction ( 5 ). It also improved the ability to achieve orgasm and the intensity of orgasm 6 )
3. Helps with Alzheimer's treatment. Muira puama treatment for 14 days prevented cognitive impairment in mice induced with Alzheimer's disease (19459030) 7 ). It has been shown that the hormone reduces the secretion of amyloid B, thereby reducing the risk of Alzheimer's disease ( 8 ). It can stimulate memory
In a mouse study, it has been found that consistent use of muira puama helps restore memory. This effect, according to the study, may be due to the antioxidant effects of muira puama ( 9 ). Muira puama can also be used to treat conditions associated with cognitive deficits. This may also include problems associated with nerve cell failure ( 10 ).
The plant also promotes neuronal growth, which further enhances memory and improves learning ( 11 ).
5. Helps relieve stress
One study found that muira puama counteracts some effects of chronic stress. The plant offers antioxidant and neuroprotective benefits, thus fighting stress. The study concludes with the finding that muira puama may have adaptogen-like properties ( 12 )
6. The treatment of AIDS depression
Muira puama has also been found to possess antidepressant properties, which can also help prevent stress-induced hyperactivity ( 13 ). powerful properties. It has been in use for centuries in Brazilian folklore – all because of its benefits. If you are wondering how you can consume muira puama, it's quite simple
Back to TOC
How to consume Muira Puama
The best way to consume muira puama is like an alcohol-based tincture. This works better than a capsule or tea. You may take 2 to 4 ml twice a day.
The active range of anxiolytic and anti-stress effects in rats is 100-300 mg / kg, and in humans this can be converted to the following:
- 1,100-3,300 mg for a person weighing 150 lbs
- 1500 – 4400 mg per person weighing 200 kg
- 1,800 – 5,500 mg per person weighing 250 lbs
These are not absolute values and there are fewer studies on them, so we recommend that you consult an expert (treating doctor / doctor) before going to muira puama.
Another reason why you should consult an expert before consuming this herb is that there are not enough studies on side effects. We do not know what could lead to the long-term use of muira puama . So be careful. Some anecdotal evidence suggests that regular use of the plant may cause insomnia in certain individuals.
There is insufficient information on drug interactions. If you are taking any medicines, please consult your doctor before going to the herb. It is also better if pregnant and lactating women are kept away from her.
Back to TOC
The effects of muira puama are powerful and many studies support its use. But as we do not have enough information about its adverse effects, we recommend that you use it under medical supervision.
What do you think of muira puama? Will you use it? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment in the box below.
- " Terpenoids as Herbal Antioxidants " Vitamins and Hormones, American National Library of Medicine. "European Review of Medical and Pharmacological Sciences.
- " Asian Herbs and Aphrodisiacs … " Translating Andrology and Urology, American National Library of Medicine.
- " Treatment with a combination of … " Andrology, American National Library of Medicine. Effects of vX on libido and sexual …
- "" Effects of herbal vigRX on … "Iranian Journal of Psychiatry, American National Library of Medicine.
- " Amazonian Herbal .. . : International Journal of Phytotherapy and Phytopharmacology, American National Library of Medicine.
- " The neglected role of a chronic infection … " CiteSeerX.
- " Improving Memory Recall by … Medical Library.
- MK801- and scopolamine-induced amnesia … Psychopharmacology, American National Library of Medicine.
- " Clerodane diterpenoids with … " Antistress Effects of … "Phytomedicine, American National Library of Medicine.
- " Effects of marapa in . 6 6 Scientifically proven benefits of Muira Puama appears first on STYLECRAZE . ]
- Why Daniel Radcliffe thinks Harry Potter will get a reboot
- 20 Stylish Androgynous Hairstyles You Need To Know About